Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yellow Belt


Island Boy earned his yellow belt today. I will be the first to admit that it was touch and go for a while - in fact really for much of the time. Would he earn it?

We knew he could do it, but would he?? Island Boy has been impressive at his kicks, punches and blocks - when he actually does his kicks, punches and blocks. So often there are better things to try or to think about (e.g. hmm...I feel like doing half moon pose! or hey, I think I'll do a forward roll! or the ever popular, "I'm thirsty!").

It's not an easy thing for a young gentleman of any single-digit age to remain focused for any length of time and since that is the primary requirement for earning belts at this stage, it was a challenge. A big challenge.

Still, somehow Island Boy pulled through and earned his yellow belt and we're very, very proud of him.

No comments: