Monday, July 09, 2007

Diapers

I've been learning about the wonderful world of diapers. As I struggle through the age-old (ok, decades old) argument of cloth vs. disposables, I am learning a lot of things I didn't expect to learn. For example, who knew there was a third choice: no diapers. Seriously?!? Yes, indeed, for those with endless patience and time, the diaperless life is an option.

As a first time parent, I'm not sure I'm up to the task of going diaperless, so we have been leaning towards cloth. It seems healthier for the baby and kinder to the environment, although what with water and energy usage, only marginally so. As I was trying to navigate the world of cloth diaper requirements my sister-in-law introduced me to a fourth option: the g diaper, a hybrid diaper model with a reusable outer layer and a flushable insert. Hallelujah! This could be just the environmentally friendly yet convenient alternative we've been looking for. Besides, they look pretty cute (especially if we name our baby something that starts with "g"). Sign us up!

No comments: