Friday, April 04, 2008

More on Privacy

On a related topic, I heard a bit on the radio a few days ago about paranoia. It was funny because it reflected on how challenging it would be to do a study on paranoia. How do you survey people that are paranoid? They are likely too paranoid to respond to the survey!!

As a few of my readers pointed out on my post about privacy, you can never be too careful. While it's true that many of the folks reading blogs like this one are folks who have been prescreened for sanity, those aren't the people you really worry about.

We bloggers make choices about the level of comfort we have with the information we share. Some freely post names and more. Others add a level of protection by making their blogs invite only. One reader offered another option that some may find helpful.

I don't think there is a right answer, but I do know the only way to be completely private is to post nothing at all and what fun would that be?

No comments: