Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Opus One

Island Boy has created his first musical composition.

While sitting on the music teacher's lap at the piano, inspiration hit and his fingertips danced over the keys to create something actually musical!

I was amazed to hear the teacher recreate his melody. I've always been impressed by people that have the talent to listen to something and play it back on any instrument. Granted, his composition wasn't particularly complex, but she was actually involved in a conversation during his moment of genius, making it all the more impressive when she played it back and later wrote it out for me.

I do admit that the composition could have been shall we say...accidental and it may not be quite the stuff of the Philharmonic (any Philharmonic) at this point, but still...regardless of any of that, it was music to my ears.

No comments: