Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shaken and Stirred

We had our first noticeable earthquake in quite some time here today.

I happened to be holding Island Boy when the tremor hit. We stopped what we were doing and waited while our house creaked and our dishes rattled. Island Boy seemed a little rattled as well, but I'm not sure if I should attribute that to the quake itself or to my reaction to it (one naturally tenses up a bit when a quake begins, particularly when one is holding a baby). The shaking was not intense at our location, but it did last for a good long time.

For those of you that haven't experienced many earthquakes you may find it interesting to know that they all feel different. Some start with a thump; some feel like the rolling waves on the ocean and others sound and feel like a strong wind gusting through. This one was the rattly sort.

I always find it funny to think that even though I live in California I experienced my first earthquake in Ohio of all places.

1 comment:

J+Di Di said...

Phew~~ Glad to hear that you are ok!